Tuesday, July 5, 2011

2 Months Old

Hensley is napping so it is that time where I frantically blog all of the past events that I have procrastinated writing so far! She had her 2 month appointment and as you might have read, she is growing like a weed and I feel that if I blink I will miss too much. I am wanting to shove her back in my belly and start all over again so I can enjoy the past 2 months all over again...skipping those brutal last few weeks of pregnancy where my "cankles" took over and I kept the house temperature around 40 degrees...and also labor pushing my not-so-little little baby out. He! He!




 As promised, I will share my favorite funny moment with my favorite mushy thoughts.

My favorite funny memory from her second month in the Roberts family is when I was trying to get her used to napping in her crib upstairs. I nursed her and got her to the point where she was ready to nap, loved on her and put her in her crib sleepy but still awake so she could learn to put herself to sleep. I turned on her monitor and then watched with great enjoyment as she played for 45 long minutes! She didn't cry at all but showed that she is definitely my child and loves to hang out with herself- as my mom nicknamed it "Alisha Time" it has now become "Hensley Time". So, I went into her nursery to get her and this is what I found.
 When I put her down for her nap she was swaddled and laying straight in her crib- very different from how I found her!

 Then, she realized she had company and got excited.
REALLY excited! This smile makes my heart happy.

My sweet thoughts from the second month would for sure be about her recent ability to smile and recognize Jon and I. She first intentionally smiled at Jon when she was 4 weeks old and since then she has seemed way more human to both of us. She no longer sleeps crazy amounts of time and lays around like a lump. She is definitely on the move with those deliciously plump legs of hers and talks to us like she wants to tell us the story of her life! I will forever have the sweet memories of Jon laying on the floor and playing with Hensley on her mat or her sitting on his chest and them talking back and forth. A very recent discovery is that she munches on her left hand and with her right she rubs her little head and soothes herself- it is adorable and makes me want to squeeze her! We are learning this whole parenting lifestyle and most days I feel like we're doing pretty well. She is a pretty relaxed little girl and seems to love life and the smiles make us happier than we have ever been before. Here are a couple of pictures so you can enjoy our happy Hensley.




 These are all phone camera pictures- sorry for the poor quality


1 comment:

  1. We loved getting to be with our precious little Hensley, knowing that we would love her & that it would be hard to leave. Already looking forward to seeing her again! We love her, and her Mommy & Daddy very much! Xoxo Nana & Pop

    ReplyDelete