Saturday, July 9, 2011

Irrational Mommy

Jon pretty much tricked me into putting Hensley in her crib for the first night last night. I've been keeping her in the Arm's Reach next to our bed mainly because it makes my life easier, but also because I love looking over at her sleeping face. It was time, so we decided to have a sleeping party upstairs. Any excuse for Jonathan to sleep on a couch and he is tickled pink! She went down earlier than usual and we actually watched a whole movie without any drama, so I was sure we were in for a long night. I had the monitor on full volume and was all panicky about her being so far away, but I slept in the guest bedroom next to her nursery. Around 3 she started whimpering and waking up, so I went in and sat on the rocker until she was good and awake. The bad news was that she put herself back to sleep and I woke up an hour later looking like an fool asleep in a chair. The kid actually went for 7 hours- a new record for Sleeping Beauty! I nursed and she fell back asleep and woke up again cheery and adorable at 7 a.m. It was the best night of sleeping she's ever had, and I'm a little hurt that she liked it so much in that crib and didn't even miss me!!! I almost wanted to pinch her in the middle of the night just so I could tell Jon she hated it and needed to stay in our room until she's 12.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it through Hensley's first night in her crib, I know this was a big step for all of you! Hope you all have sweet dreams again tonight!

    ReplyDelete