Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Friends, Family and Craziness

The Roberts family of three had a pretty wild week last week starting on Wednesday when Hensley's Auntie Lyssa came to visit with her precious husband!

Jon and Ryan have a bit of a man crush on each other, so the two happily ran off into the sunset with each other and played golf while Auntie Lyssa and Auntie Manda and I all played and caught up. Later, the boys watched the baby while the girls and I did brunch and pedicures- SO FUN! It is bizzare to leave the house without my little tot attached to my hip. They stayed until Friday afternoon and here are some pictures to show the sweetness of Hensley getting lots of snuggles.

                                   

                                                   

Then, later that Friday afternoon we got some very special company. Her Nana and Pop (Jon's grandparents) finally got to meet their great granddaughter. Hensley's name is so very special because her first name is from Nana and Pop and her middle name is from my Nana and also Jon's other grandmother. Meeting her family means so much to us and we couldn't wait for her to meet those two fabulous humans!! They arrived after a long drive from Georgia, picked up Grammy and Bee in Louisiana and made Houston a very happy place.

Just meeting Nana and Pop- sorry she was without a bow- mom dropped the ball! :)


 My favorite Pop moment was when Uncle Bryan and Aunt Katy drove up from Galveston (where they were vacationing with her family) to see all of our family and everyone was eating lunch while Pop rocked a napping Hensley. After Uncle Bryan finished eating, he washed his hands and said "Alright Pop, my turn." Pop responded with "But I'm not hungry!"- that little man is so funny! Pop did give her over for a while so Aunt Katy and Uncle Bryan could love on her, but it did not last long before he wanted her back!


I know this picture is dark, but it is one of my favorites. I hope Nana won't mind me telling this story but she was rocking Hensley to sleep and all of a sudden got teary eyed and had such a sweet moment with our baby. This little girl is so very loved and her Nana was just so happy to be holding her.

 This was another ill-fated attempt to get a picture with all three of them happy and looking at the camera...you know our kid by now...didn't work super well but I managed to get some sweet shots.


Everyone left on Sunday and Hensley and I both cried. We could not have chosen a more perfect name for such a perfect little girl!

Suddenly, the house was quiet for the first time in five days. Sad quiet because we LOVED having everyone visit, but I think our Hensley was a bit pooped. She slept for 5 hours and barely would wake up to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment