Monday, July 25, 2011

Birthday Bash

My first birthday as a mom...so strange! I still feel so young, but looking at the ever-present bags under my eyes makes me feel a bit older than my years! He! He!

My sweet husband made breakfast for me and had an inappropriate (of course!) card that made me giggle. Hensley and I spent the whole day in our jammies playing on the floor and getting lots of snuggle time, then when Daddy came home we decided to go to a nice dinner together. That was dumb. We were there for about 7 minutes before Hensley made a mess in her car seat. I had to change her out of her adorable little dress (that has not made it back from the whole horrible experience) into an ugly little onesie. On our way back to the table she spit up all over me, Nice. Then the little turd decided to turn on her charm and smile and coo at me, as if I could not remember all of the grossness that came out of her! All the stinky mess that could possibly come with a new baby somehow never matters when our happy, healthy little girl scrunches her nose and smiles at her mommy. Even if her mommy nevers wears make-up or has time to bathe anymore. Thank you family and friends for all your sweet birthday wishes and for loving my adorable (but kind of gross) child who has made this birthday my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment