Saturday, July 9, 2011

Errands Gone Wrong

Well, Jon was working from home on Friday, so Hensley and I decided to run some errands so he could finish up and play with us sooner. I needed to get special stamps for her birth announcements (it will be a miracle if I get them out before her first birthday) so I tried to find the post office in Pearland. I don't know how it is even possible, but a post office 9 miles away took me 30 minutes to finally get there! Then, the ladies in the post office started arguing about if my announcements needed extra postage, which then woke up Hensley, who proceeded to violently poo her britches and smile at me. I think she knows when it is the worst possible time to diaper change AND I had her in the most impossible outfit and does not cooperate for a quick change...but she looked adorable! So, they send me to Ace Hardware for the stamps and when I get there I find out they only have wedding stamps. As annoying as that is, I just took them and thought all of the hassle was over. As we were leaving, I am carrying Hensley because she's upset and this completely random lady blocking the door starts speaking spanish about how pretty her eyes are (thank you High School spanish class for teaching me basic spanish) and then grabs her hand and KISSES HER ARM MANY TIMES! I'm positive I looked like a brat but said thank you and basically ran out of the store. Gross. So, to end our fiasco, we changed a diaper and had a small bath in the back seat of my car before I would leave the parking lot. I now have given myself a word of advice to body block random women who want to kiss my small child.

No comments:

Post a Comment