Sunday, September 4, 2011

4 months old

 Do I even need to apologize anymore for these being late! :) It seems I am two weeks behind in life, so this blog is one more casualty in my ever-hectic life. She is now four months old, and it is so bizzare how each stage of her life I seem to enjoy more than the last. She is a happy girl and loves to smile and play with us, and we are wrapped so much around her little baby finger! She has found two new best friends in life: her reflection and our dog, Bruce. Her first giggle was when she was sitting on Daddy's lap outside and he would throw the Kong to Bruce and when Bruce brought it back, she would crack up! Here goes my sweet and silly moments from month four:
Her silly moment is her squeal. It is loud, it commands the attention of all who can hear and she knows how and WHEN to use it. That little turd waits until quiet moments and lets out this high pitched squeal that I'm sure makes people think I just pinched my child!
I have a confession to make, and I fear that all of you will judge me...and might not want to associate with me anymore. I am fascinated by Hensley's boogers. I feel it is a great accomplishment when I suck one out of her tiny nose with her aspirator. The worst part is that I think they are almost cute and I want to keep them forever. To add insult to injury, I like to wipe them on innocent bystanders...like Jon. Poor guy has to watch out for flying diapers and the occasional booger swipe. I didn't use to find so much humor in gross things, but that is pretty much my life and I have decided to enjoy it and giggle the whole way.
My sweet moment is baby kisses. She has perfected how to put almost everything in her mouth, and my favorite one is when she grabs my face and kisses me on the lips. Jon thinks it is hilarious and giggles like a little schoolgirl when she gives him baby kisses! She looks at us and recognizes our faces instantly and it is so much fun when she smiles and wants to play when she sees us. Watching Henz with Jon is adorable because his voice automatically changes to this soft, calm voice that only she gets. I hope to at some point write down the lyrics to the songs he has made up for her, but actually hearing him sing it and watching her face respond and love him is something I will forever remember.

She has discovered her piggy bank and wants so badly to put it in her mouth!

Giggling at Daddy

This is one of Jon's childhood toys and she LOVES it!
Had to get a picture of her shoes- thanks Mia!!

Now becoming a tradition to get her screaming picture. It only took about 3 minutes to get to this point..

Love you and Hensley sends her hugs and drooly baby kisses to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment