Saturday, September 17, 2011

Early Bird Special

So, in our (almost) five months as parents, Jon and I have adjusted our schedule to work with a baby. One of our adjustments is our dinner time. It is now around 5:30. Seriously. I'm pretty sure my grandparents don't eat that early- no offense Nana and Papa! :) We are that sad little couple that eats this early so we can both have a hot meal, otherwise, I am eating at 9:00 at night and that is no good for Mama. I have recently become motivated to prepare yummy meals and be the "Super Mom" I have always wanted to be. I had no idea that to become this "Super Mom" that it would require meal planning, extensive grocery shopping, long periods of time on my feet, way more dishes and many more fun-filled side activities. All this said, I'm still stubborn enough to try to make it work, and tonight I planned to make Spaghetti and Meatballs from Pioneer Woman's wenbsite. Thank you to my sis for hooking me on this lady and her delicious recipes... no thank you for getting me hooked on her Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies! I truly believe that if I were to meet Ree (yes, we're on a first-name basis), then she would want to be best friends with me and we would giggle and make scrumptious food in her kitchen. I've thought about this a good amount, but until our friendship becomes a reality, I will stick to following her amazing comfort food recipes.
Yum. Eating this early has perks and now we can all play together and call Hensley's precious Grandpa Bee to celebrate his birthday today. Happy Birthday Bee! We all love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment