Friday, September 30, 2011

Five Months

I have honestly been avoiding doing this blog because month 5 of Hensley's life has been so crazy and she's done so much that I am exhausted thinking of everything!
I just love her dimple on her left cheek!

Big girl sitting up by herself. She rolled forward a second later like a baby rolly polly!

 Had to give credit to her Aunt Katy for the fabulous bow! Mommy tried to make them and they looked like turd, so we'll leave bow-making for the pro.

 Then she found the camera. Life got instantly harder when she realized her magical hands can grab whatever she wants. Toys, neck "flubber", remotes, any drink in your hands, eyeballs...you name it!

The fifth month has been the busiest for develpomental growth. She can roll from belly to back and back to belly, but she only does it when she wants to and not when you want her to. Some days she flips like a pancake, and then she doesn't do it for a long time because she knows I have my camera ready to capture the moment that will never happen! :) She is sitting up very well and it seems to be her favorite position right now. As previously discussed, she is very good at grabbing things now and passing them between her hands. She is OBSESSED with cell phones and t.v. remotes! Hensley is also still obsessed with Bruce the dog and giggles like crazy when we throw the ball with him outside. She enjoys peek-a-boo and will giggle with Jon and I when we tickle her, and will bust out in a crazy grin if we so much as look in her general direction! She also found her toes and can entertain herself for quite some time sucking on them. Also, she has figured out her exersaucer and now can make so many laps around it and work all of the buttons and toys. She still looks for me or Daddy when music will play because we will dance and look completely obnoxious for the enjoyment of our little girl. Whew! I'm sure I am missing other things, but she is doing so much that it is hard to keep track.

My silly and sweet stories are a bit more tame this month, with no potty humor...I will save all those gruesome stories for another day.
My silly and sweet stories are all part of Hensley's napping/sleeping routine. She is still quite the champ sleeping at night, and I don't mind at all waking up once in her 11 hours to feed her- so impressive! Unfortunately, she still believes in 30 minute power naps during the day. I have tried nearly everything I know to extend them, but the only way she will take a long nap is laying in our bed with me holding her hand or laying right next to her. I love it and know this time to snuggle will not last forever so I end up indulging her!! With short naps, come a messed up schedule and often we are struggling to keep her awake until bedtime. Here comes the good part. Our two ways to entertain a tired, fussy baby and keep her awake just a bit longer is to take her outside or to stroll her around in her stroller. One of my favorite memories of month five is when I was cooking dinner and Jon was in charge of keeping Hensley awake. He ended up putting her in the stroller and making laps around our house. Poor guy was making me dizzy! On one of his laps I gave him something to throw away in the trash.. and this is the point when the singing began. Let me give you a bit of background and tell you that when I (politely!) ask for Jon to help me around the house, he will burst into the "Cinderelly" song. This day was no different, and sure enough his soprano version of  "Cinderelly" began and the lyrics were changed "...throw the trash away, make a fire, stroll the baby...". Who asked him to make a fire??? I can't help but giggle.
The sweet story is after I put Hensley down for bed, she will sometime wake up a bit later and need her pacifier to fall back asleep. Jon is sweet and always takes this so I can relax. I normally watch on the monitor and have a happy moment every single time I watch this because when he gives her pacifier to her, she reaches up and grabs his hand or arm and holds onto it until she is ready for bed again. If you don't know Jon, his hands and arms are massive compared to little Hensley. Seeing her baby hands grab her Daddy just makes me thank God every time that we were blessed with such a happy, sweet baby that perfectly completes our family. It also makes me appreciate the Dad that Hensley will always have. Her Daddy might be silly (and often dramatic) but he loves her more and more every day. Now that I am bawling and super emotional, I hope you enjoyed her fifth month because we certainly have. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love that baby so much. I can't believe how big she is and I cannot wait to see her at Thanksgiving! Stuff her in a bubble for me so she doesn't grow any more until November, would you? And I WILL bring more bows! Although I don't believe you when you say you're bad at making them!

    ReplyDelete