Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Daddy's Day

It was a fun-filled day at the Roberts' household as we celebrated Jon's first Father's Day! We went to church and shared his special day with all of the many other new dads in our class. I slaved over the stove for a McDonalds lunch (he! he!) and then we came home and Hensley and Daddy played on the floor like the best of friends! As most of you know, Hensley has inherited her mother's annoyance with picture-taking, so here is my attempt to capture some good shots on Father's Day....

 Getting a little sleepy...
 We have found that if you kiss the corners of her mouth she will smile for you!
 What an exhausting life!!
 Now for the real-life story of what happened that night. I gave you the mushy goodness, but now you can hear the horror story of how our night ended. It all began with a battle between us versus the mountain of ants that decided to move in with us. They covered our pantry and were telling all their friends about this wonderful new home with an endless supply of snacks. After killing what felt like a thousand ants and emptying most of our pantry, we took a deep breath and thought our night would get easier. We were so wrong! We have been working on Hensley's sleeping habits for the last few days, and while she sleeps pretty great at night, she is an AWFUL napper during the day. I will put her down and she will get herself to sleep, then by the time I have basically washed one dish, she is awake and ready to play again (no lie, I have jumped out of the shower with soapy hair because her nap was over before I could use conditioner)! So, Jon and I tried to see if she would go back to sleep. BAD IDEA and bad day to try it! As I am preparing a feast of chicken parmigiana in the kitchen, World War 3 is happening upstairs. As we finally sat down for his favorite meal, he prayed for us "to laugh about this one day because it is not funny tonight". This is parenthood I'm guessing. My plans for the night did not happen like I imagined, but with a face like this, it really is not that important!
                                   
Happy Father's Day to my sweet husband!

2 comments:

  1. Awe - How absolutely adorable! I can't wait to meet Hensley. We love you all very much, Aunt Donna and Uncle Charles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story and what great pictures!!! Love, love. You're becoming quite the photographer! I miss that sweet baby soooooo much!! Give her a kiss for me :)

    ReplyDelete